I just packed up all the shit I think I’ll need for the next year and crammed it into the car. I jammed my stuff in with an effort to make living in my small toyota matrix for the next while as comfortable and functional as possible. I’m super psyched and a little nervous, because I have never been on a trip this long; the longest one before this was last summer in squamish for a month and some change. It was a great time so I don’t know why I would be nervous.
I think my main worries come from living on the road where rock climbing is going to be my sole pursuit. As fantastic as this is, life with only rock climbing can get tedious and I know for me it begins to make me feel unfulfilled. So, it will be interesting to see how I deal with these feelings.
Since living on the road is going to give me ample down time in between climbing I have been trying to think of things to fill the void of my day. So far I have come up with a bunch of things and I actually have some goals that aren’t climbing related.
Non-climbing related goals
- finally land a 360 flip (skateboarding trick)
- Skate skate parks wherever I go
- Learn how to take cool videos
- become a final cut pro master
- apply to grad school
- watch lots of TV shows I somehow have never seen
- watch lots of movies
- read lots of books that I have been meaning to read
- get better at taking photos
- eat lots of good food when I do actually eat out.
Climbing related goals
- learn the granite tech style really well/ become climbing technician
- get more comfortable on multipitches
- tick off lines that I have always wanted to do since I first saw a video or picture of them like the practitioner in leavenworth
- Do the grand wall in squamish
- not injury myself
- stay psyched
- finally climb in the south